Foreigners among those targeted in New Zealand mosque attack


Initial reports indicate that several of those killed or wounded in the shooting rampage at two New Zealand mosques were from the Middle East or South Asia.

The attack by an immigrant-hating white nationalist killed at least 49 people as they gathered for Friday prayers.

Bangladesh’s honorary consul in Auckland, Shafiqur Rahman Bhuiyan, told The Associated Press that “so far” three Bangladeshis were among those killed and four or five others were wounded, including two left in critical condition.

Two Jordanians were among those killed, and others were wounded. Four Pakistanis were wounded and five are still missing.

Malaysia says two of its citizens were hospitalized, and the Saudi Embassy in Wellington says two Saudis were wounded. Two Indonesians, a father and son, were also among those shot and wounded.



Source link

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *